А АTuesday 11 October 2016

7-Zip and its compression formats.

Hello everybody.


I'm sure that you remember my post about Automation of checking digital archives (RAR, ZIP and ARJ formats). Somebody forget that great zip-tool 7-Zip can't create RAR archive, it can only decompress such archive. For you memory I write below the table about formats from Z-Zip handbook.

Format
Compressing
Decompressing
Filename Extensions
7z
X
X
7z
XZ
X
X
xz
ZIP
X
X
zip
GZIP
X
X
gz gzip tgz
BZIP2
X
X
bz2 bzip2 tbz2 tbz
TAR
X
X
tar
WIM
X
X
wim swm
LZMA
 
X
lzma
RAR
 
X
rar
CAB
 
X
cab
ARJ
 
X
arj
Z
 
X
z taz
CPIO
 
X
cpio
RPM
 
X
rpm
DEB
 
X
deb
LZH
 
X
lzh lha
SPLIT
 
X
001 002 ...
CHM
 
X
chm chw hxs
ISO
 
X
iso
UDF
 
X
iso
COMPOUND
 
X
msi doc xls ppt
DMG
 
X
dmg
XAR
 
X
xar
HFS
 
X
hfs
NSIS
 
X
exe
NTFS
 
X
ntfs
FAT
 
X
fat
VHD
 
X
vhd
MBR
 
X
mbr
SquashFS
 
X
squashfs
CramFS   X cramfs


So, yesterday I found another interesting feature in 7-Zip. 7-Zip use different list of compression formats  for File and for Folder with files. Why? I don't know now, I'll try to resolve this my news later.




See you later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool news).

Post a Comment

А что вы думаете по этому поводу?

Версия на печать

Популярное